Sunday, February 28, 2010

A bigger purpose

I have felt for a few months that there is more to life than what I/we have made it. With my trip to Israel, some changes at our church, and a marriage conference we just attended, I know there is a much greater purpose and being a Mom with small kids is not a reason to cop out. This season of life isn't a time to hold my breath and wait for a better time to give. It's a time to breathe in God's mercy and grace and breathe it out to those around me. Please pray for us as we try to discover what God has for us. I really enjoyed listening to Francis Chan. He said it's not enough to memorize and study God's commands, we have to do them. His example was telling his daughter to clean her room. Later she comes back and says, I memorized what you said and I can also speak it in Greek. My girlfriends and I are going to get together to discuss what it would look like. Aren't you proud of me? Well, no b/c her room is not clean. At the end of the day we have to put feet to what we know.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Erynn said...

oh heather! how blessed I am to call you friend. I agree and join you in your new take on life!!